Monday, May 5, 2014

5/5 blog post #8



"It became a weekend of reading, of trying to see her in the fragments of the poem she'd left for me. I could get anywhere with the lines, but I kept thinking about them anyway, because I didn't want to disappoint her. She wanted me to play out the string, to find the place where she had stopped and was waiting for me, to follow the bread crumb trail until it was dead ended to her."

This paragraph is about how Margo ran away and Q thinks that her whole purpose was so that he would go out looking for her. 

I think the author included this paragraph to add some suspicion, and to make it so the reader wants to keep reading. The author was trying to show that maybe this time Margo had a actual reason for running away, and that maybe she wants Q to go out looking for her. We know this because in the poetry book, the stanza's she had highlighted there were meaning. For instance she highlighted a stanza that said,"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you." 


We can infer that Margo is in hiding some where in New York waiting for Q to find her, when Q does find her he will be upset that she ran away again.

"That night I lay on my side, staying out the window into the invisible world outside. I kept trying to fall asleep but then my eyes would dart open just to check. I couldn't help but hope that Margo Roth Spieglemen would return to my window and drag my tired ass through one night I'd never forget."

The main idea of this paragraph is that Q misses Margo, and wishes that should would return soon.

I think the author included this paragraph to show that Q might have feelings for Margo. It also shoes that he misses her allot, and loves spending his free time with her more than anyone else. We know this because he can't fall asleep at night because he keeps thinking about her and all the good times they've had and if she will come back or not. 

We can infer that Q likes Margo because he seems to think about Margo quite often, and is willing to do anything just to find her. 

1 comment:

  1. The author was trying to show that maybe this time Margo had a actual reason for running away, and that maybe she wants Q to go out looking for her.
    *Good, why would the author hint this about Margo?

    ReplyDelete